Good news! We just heard that the Town received a grant for restoration of the lighthouse tower’s exterior masonry. The grant came from the National Maritime Heritage Program, which uses money from the sale of obsolete ships to support historic preservation. Thanks to some generous donors we have matching funds available, which made it possible for us to obtain this grant. The money will be used to repair and repaint the tower and make some repairs on the metal bonnet — we think when done the tower will look as fine as it did in 1872!