Visitors to Burnt Coat Harbor Light Station often ask what is the little building that stands out over the rocks at the very tip of Hockamock Head. It’s the bell house, where the fog bell used to ring out in fog and snow to guide vessels to the harbor entrance. The bell was in use from the early 1900s to about 1950. Today, modern navigation systems have made the fog bell obsolete, but it still stands in the lighthouse yard, a reminder of time gone by. Until recently, the bell house was in dire need of a coat paint. This month, it was scraped and painted by a crew from Certa-Pro Painting, South Portland. And now it’s standing proud once again!